Thursday, December 11, 2014

Maple, Apples, and Pesto

This recipe for maple-nutmeg-butter cookies is simple and delicious!!! We made about 2 dozen Christmas-shape cookies. The only tweak I made to the existing recipe is that I reduced the sugar to 3/4 cup instead of 1 cup.  
I made that tasty Farm House Apple Cake featured in Gardenista recently. Easy to make and the reward is an amazing and beautiful dessert. 
The other night, I made a quick pesto-pasta dinner that is perfect for any night of the week. 
 
I bought freshly made pesto at the local Italian deli, but it is easy enough to make at home. I sauteed mushrooms and veggie sausages separately; In a large bowl, I combined 1 box of tri-color fusilli pasta, 1 cup fresh arugula, 1 cup fresh spinach, the sauteed mushrooms and veggie sausages, 2 cups of pesto, and sprinkled it with fresh parmesan cheese. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment