Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Love Toasts

My son Khalil keeps me on "my game." Let me explain. He is an extremely picky eater and so I have to work extra hard in trying to get him to eat. On another topic: a long while ago, Khalil and I decided that our favorite shape in the world is the heart shape. We love hearts! The other morning I made french toasts using the heart shape cookie cutter. It was a big success! Khalil suddenly decided that french toast is his favorite food and now wants to eat heart shape french toasts every day, even for dinner! 
I am just glad he is eating something new. French toasts are quite simple to make. Here is my full proof recipe (even for picky eaters!).

What you need?
1 egg (for about 4 to 6 slices of bread)
1 cup almond, coconut or soy milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon (+more to add to your toasts)
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
real butter (unsalted) for pan

What to do?
Gently mix ingredients together. Dip bread in batter and cook on medium-low for about 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Drench in VT maple syrup and enjoy!

My picky eater eats about 4 hearts. And my not so picky husband eats the bread pieces with the heart shape cutouts. As a family, we have decided that LOVE is the best thing in the world. So with these heart shapes we express our undying LOVE for each other (even our dogs get some love toasts).







2 comments: