Friday, February 8, 2013

Representing Puerto Rico

"El Genio del Ingenio" de Julio Tomás Mártinez, 1910

I have been MIA but it is for a good reason: mainly, I am working very hard to finish my book manuscript. And so that is priority number one right now. I expect to still blog though less frequently, until my academic book entitled Representing Puerto Rico: National Art, Colonial Photography and Race during the American Century, 1890-1990, is completed. This book stems from my dissertation except that I now turn to realist painting and photographs to uncover how nation, race, and gender have been represented by Puerto Rican artists and American photographers. It is a very exciting project and I can't wait until it is born and ready for the world. I will keep you updated!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment