Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Dalai Lama on Peace & Happiness

I stood in the longest line I have ever stood in today to get into the Rhode Island Convention Center to see/hear the Dalai Lama. I was fortunate to get a ticket over two-weeks ago when they were made available to the Brown community. Today, as I stood in that loooong like, that curled around the convention center snaking into an underground parking lot (yes, I was way back in the underground lot); as the line moved and I made it from the dark and damp lot and into the sun, I thought that this moment felt like a pilgrimage. It was in fact fitting that it would feel like this, after all I was about to get a chance to be in the same room with the spiritual leader of Tibet and in my opinion, the world's most fervent spokesperson for peace and happiness.  


Check it out here:
http://www2.turnto10.com/news/2012/oct/17/9/dalai-lama-lecture-providence-ar-1206023/

I agree with him that a peaceful world in which happiness is the norm rather than the exception is possible. I hope my son gets to live in a happy and peaceful world!

No comments:

Post a Comment