Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wellbeing

This is a topic I reflect on quite a bit. One of my aspirations in life is to lead a healthy, happy, balanced, meaningful, and peaceful life! I know, a tall order for sure. But I think one to strive for anyway. I feel striving for wellness and balance and peace, is all the more urgent in our current historical moment. A moment that I think will be defined by future historians as chaotic, fragmentary, narcissistic, where the lack of human to human connectivity rules, and the resulting mental and physical ailments stemming from these are at epidemic proportions. Yet, I am encouraged everyday by the glimmers of hope and examples of how others have managed to lead long, healthy and happy lives. I found one such example in this beautiful video entitled "My friend Maia." I hope this video goes viral! Enjoy!

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Awesome, happy 95th!

    Mitch :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I only hope to be so interesting and in shape on my 95th! : )

      Delete
  2. Love, love, LOVED this.
    What a remarkable woman and inspiration for us all.

    miss you como siempre

    xoxo

    Alana, Cass, and Yote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, so inspirational!! i miss you guys! much love xo h.

      Delete