Wednesday, July 11, 2012

'Summertime' on my 38th

I must have been 16 or 17 years old when I first heard Gershwin's 'Summertime.' Time really does fly. Ever since I have associated 'Summertime' with the laziness of summer, with the month of July, with my birthday. As I grow older (in years and in wisdom), 'Summertime' has taken a deeper meaning.


As I celebrate and welcome another summer, another year of life, I also look back and I am grateful for the gift of family and friends. I am thankful for their kindness, support, and love. I am remembering fondly those who are no longer with us, physically, but whose memories I carry in my heart. Life is fleeting. That I have learned thus far. And so each  day I am thankful. Each day I am compassionate. Each day I strive to be happy. 

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." -Marcel Proust

2 comments:

  1. Manolo Valdés PizziniJuly 13, 2012 at 9:42 AM

    Felicidades desde el trópico triste...

    ReplyDelete