Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The magic of papaya and bananas!

The papaya is the darling among my favorite fruits! It is so delicate and smooth, not to mention its glorious orange color and fragrant scent. Yes, I am declaring my love for papaya! I became a bona fide papaya and banana smoothie addict during the time I lived in Cayey, PR. Mainly because there was an amazing little frutera (fruit stand) just a few steps from my house. Aside from serving cold coconut water and selling all kinds of viandas and fruits (oh, how I miss eating fresh pineapple and quenepas!), they also made a wide combination of smoothies. I must have spent a good third of my salary on their smoothies (yes! it was worth it). Anyway, I was pining for that little frutera the other day and so in its honor, here I share the ever soothing wonder of the smoothie world: 1 cup papaya, 1 banana, and 2 cups apple juice and blend blend blend! The taste of heaven (or a tropical version of it) awaits you in every gulp!

 ¡Salud!

No comments:

Post a Comment