Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Beets

Beets! They are pure goodness! I love their strong color, their sweet taste. I like to roast my beets: I just cut each end and put them in the oven at 400 degrees, I add a few droplets of water to the pan so they don't dry out. I cover the pan with foil and let them roast for about 45 minutes to 1 hour or until they are soft. I let them cool before pulling off their skin. Then I slice and eat them as they are, in their own juice and sweetness. (I refrigerate the slices and eat them cold until they are gone). My friend Wanda makes a wonderful pickled beet spread, a recipe I will get and share here very soon. This is usually part of my fall menu, but the spring has turned a little cool, feeling like fall again. And I am craving bright food to  energize me  for summer!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment