Monday, February 6, 2012

Coconut Cake for my Beloved's birthday!


Today is my Beloved's birthday. Happy Birthday C! In celebration of this special day, I prepared one of our favorite cakes. Coconut cake reminds us of the Caribbean seaside and of drinking cold coconut water on a sweltering summer day during an adventure through the coast. It is winter here, but our hearts are always as warm as the tropics! (And our tropics are not tristes: they are thriving, modern, lush, and wondrous!)  Today, life is good! Especially, because we celebrate YOUR life my DEAREST and I look forward to another wonderful year together! (and many more!) Here is a slice of coconut cake to celebrate YOU!

The original recipe is from  Epicurious. This recipe did not disappoint, but of course I tweaked it a bit. I used coconut milk instead of coconut cream, and it made the cake moist and the right amount of sweet. To the cream cheese frosting, I added both vanilla and almond extract, and I squeezed a 1/2 teaspoon of lime juice. It turned out marvelously!

Now, some pictures of the process.

 And the frosting. 
This recipe is involved, but very much worth the effort. And it is every ounce of delicious !

No comments:

Post a Comment