Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas baking extravaganza...

I decided to bake two classics from my childhood: "Polvorones de Nuez" and "Coconut Macaroons" and give them as Christmas gifts this year. Who doesn't enjoy a sweet treat? They were remarkably easy to make and tasted as amazing. Actually, the macaroons tasted amazing but the "polvorones" were out of this world! 


                                          Polvorones de Nuez 
                                                          Recipe









**The only change I made to the original recipe was that I ground the almonds in a blender, and made almond flour--instead of chopping the almonds.


                                          Coconut Macaroons 
                                                             Recipe





I bought these adorable boxes at a craft store (they came with a lid, bow and tag), and packaged the cookies.



Ready for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment