Sunday, November 20, 2011

Tofu & Veggies

One of my favorite dishes is this version of a tofu, garlic, veggie and soy sauce stir fry over rice. This dish is warming and filling: perfect for the chilly days of fall! First, I cube the firm tofu and fry it in olive oil until it is brown and crispy on all sides.



Then I add the veggies to the wok (leafy greens, green beans, peas, chives, 1 cubed tomato, mushrooms, garlic cloves, peppers, broccoli) or whatever else you have in your fridge. 


Once all ingredients are cooking, I add a spoon of "Chili Garlic Sauce" (I like the Túóng Ót Tói Viet-Nam). 


Then add low-sodium soy sauce liberally and toss everything together, add two tablespoons of water and cook on medium-high for 10 minutes. (Do not add salt to this dish, as the soy sauce has plenty of it).


Ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment